irish i may

Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Considerate Son

This evening as I hustled Pete upstairs for a bath, he ran back down to collect a pile of toy soldiers to play with in the tub. I said to him, "Oh that's too many. don't take them all into the tub."


"It's not too many. Why is it too many?"


"Because then I'm the one who will have to pick then all up myself"


"That's good, Mommy. You need some exercise and the more you move your arms, the more exercise you'll get."


"Thanks for thinking of me, son."

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Gotta love some of the things kids come up with :) ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee hee!!! Our 5 yr old Sara does the same thing with "needin' more toys" and running the opposite direction of the tub, buck naked, to get just one more. And she is also known to have fresh, innocent statements about Mom needing to exercise. I'm sure we are getting paid back for some fresh sweet things we must have said to our parents! God Bless, Laura

    ReplyDelete