irish i may

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Music and Facebook

Besides just beginning this blog, I also just got on Facebook about a week ago.  My cousin, Martha had been urging (begging, bugging) me to get on for a couple of years:


Me: Oh, I don't have time and I don't know how all that mess works..."


Martha: What? Are you kidding me? Is that your excuse? Are you from the 19th century? Call me on the phone and I'll walk you through it!


Actually, if I had no other friends in the world, I now feel that FB would be worth my time just to keep up with Martha.  We don't see each other very often and it gives me a little window into her and her lovely kids' lives.  Now I just have to post those pictures of my kids...


One little thing that bugged me about FB as I browsed through some old friends' pages, is the part of the Info Profile where you list your favorite music. Folks seem to have such sophisticated taste in music. It seems like a lot of people list as their favorites alternative-sounding bands that I have never heard of. "The Snore Factory", "Jake and Tom", "fanciulo".  I felt a little un-hip reading through some  friends "favorites" and thinking "Who?"


But here is an act that I have now listed as one of my favorites. I just bought these gals album, and it is so beautiful that I get a little teary listing to it.  You will either agree with me or you will agree that I am, truly, un-hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment