irish i may

Friday, October 1, 2010

Beginning are Hard...

I am not entirely sure why I decided to start keeping this blog.  I have no confidence that anyone will care about my ideas or life enough to follow.  Many bloggers, I note, self-identify as writers.  How much or how well would I need to write before I could call myself a writer?  After all, I drive, but I wouldn't say I was a driver.  My husband suggested that I think of it as a conversation with the world (something I am good at).   I suppose I should self-identify as a talker, but I don't think I will!
Having a family of a certain size (I hate to say that six is large), living here in NJ, and with my Beloved being a career-long Catholic school teacher, we have always had to do a bit of stretching and bending and twisting to make ends meet. Rob and I call it "the Dance of the Money". Now we may have even less time than money, but what we have we want to live to the fullest, hence, the Dance of the Hours.



Because today is he Feast of the Guardian Angels, it is a good day to 
-teach your children about their Guardian Angels
-bake an Angel's Food cake
I like this prayer to our Guardian Angels because it reminds me of their front line role in Spiritual Warfare:


Prayer to One's Guardian Angel

Dear Angel,
in his goodness God gave you to me to
guide, protect and enlighten me,
and to being me back to the right way when I go astray.
Encourage me when I am disheartened,
and instruct me when I err in my judgment.
Help me to become more Christlike,
and so some day to be accepted into
the company of Angels and Saints in heaven.
Amen.




I also like this poem by Billy Collins, 

Questions About Angels


No comments:

Post a Comment