2. OK, WHY has the time arrive, you might be asking yourself (depending on whether or not anyone is actually reading this). The time seems right because we just made the decision to move back to New Jersey. We have had a crazy-busy couple of years in Arkansas, and now that our lives are about to change again, I want to write.
3. Last Saturday was our big boys' Senior Prom. I'm really not at all sentimental about Prom, and since Rob and I chaperoned the big wing-ding until nearly midnight, I am even less warm and fuzzy than I might have been if I could have just gushed about how handsome they looked, cooed over their dates' dresses, snapped a few photos, and sent them on their way. Having issued my disclaimer, however, a good time was had by all and I am very pleased that the guys got to attend Prom with these two very fun and very good girls:
|John and Meranda|
|Vince and Annie|
4. Speaking of Prom, if you have a high school student and you are not homeschooling, living in the tundra or Amish, you have certainly heard about the issue of grinding at school dances and how many schools, both public and private, are attempting to address it. My genius husband implemented an excellent solution at last Friday's assembly: "Gentlemen, when the grinding starts, so does the country music." Message received.
5. Last Friday our little St. Joseph's took home two 1st place medals and a two-man team 2nd place from the regional NASA Destination Space Science Fair! From field of 1700 kids, our little crew of 12 showed them how its done!
Bernie didn't win anything, but she was pleased with the performance of the marble roller coaster that she and her Dad enjoyed many hours of father-daughter time building:
6. The weather has been mighty strange for Arkansas in May. It was about 45 degrees and rainy all day; three days ago it was 92. When Fr.Wolfgang Schlumpf first arrived here in the River Valley to found the priory that became Subiaco Abbey, he wrote home to St. Meinrad's in Indiana complaining that they had "no climate here, only weather". Now I can see just what he meant!
7. One last thought about Proms... It is 2AM and we just returned from toting our son up to NWA so that he could escort a friend to her Senior Prom. One more tux rental, one more corsage, 60 bucks for dinner out, 50 bucks in gas and an entire evening driving back and forth. Yes, all my warm fuzziness is completely gone now.
For more Quick Takes from even better bloggers than me, visit Jen at ConversionDiary.Com.