irish i may

Thursday, January 9, 2014

A January Daybook

FOR TODAY...

Outside my window... cold.  An much improved 23 over Tuesday's high of 9 degrees.  I think our son is just about ready to head back to Dallas where it was all of 47 today.


In the kitchen... homemade minestrone!  


I am reading... Hatchet, The Book of Three Charlotte's Web,  and Amelia Bedelia Bookworm,   During the school year I mostly just read what my students are reading.  Otherwise, sad to say, only the Wall Street Journal before its used to light the  stove.  


I am hoping...that the kids will all have a successful spring semester, and listen for the Holy Spirit's guiding voice as they make decisions.  


I am looking forward to... a hot bath and a good night's sleep.  Something to look forward to every day!

One of my favorite things...the wood-burning stove in our little rental house


A few plans for the rest of the week: My oldest is trying to convince me to get my hair colored (just a semi-permanent rinse) for the first time in my life. So far my resistance holds firm.   Either way we are going for mother daughter trims tomorrow before she heads back up to school.


I am thankful...  For the three big kids home from college

I am wondering... what to read next with the 5th grade.  We have been doing short stories along with their test prep and we just finished A Christmas Carol.  I think I would like something funny.

I am wearing...my pajamas, again.  I should take this one off my list.

Around the house... still putting up the Christmas things.  We don't start early, but we do go late.

A favorite quote for today... "A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.”  Carl Reiner


Thanks as always to The Simple Woman's Daybook for all the fun. Check out other Daybook entries there!



1 comment:

  1. Blog hopping through from http://oursimplelife2015.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete