irish i may

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A February Daybook

Outside my window... Cold; Eighth-Circle-of-Hell cold. With six inches of fresh snow. 
I am going...to Williamsburg with the family and possibly friends in March. One of our favorite places.
I am thinking... still about Arkansas... and everything I need to do before our move there
I am thankful for...  having my journal mailed back to me by the airline attendant who found it.  Thank you Darlene!! You are a credit to USAir!
Pondering these words...An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.- Chesterton
From the kitchen...  beef stew, and a belated cherry pie for George Washington's B-Day
I am wearing... Inspired by GW, I cannot tell a lie: my nightgown.
I am remembering...  in my prayers our godchild, Grace, who is preparing for her Confirmation.
From the learning rooms... Report due on Anne Hutchinson and Roger Williams and our home version of driver's ed
I am reading... Life Lessons from the Monastery by Abbot Jerome Kodell
A few plans for the rest of the week... Pinewood Derby!
I am hoping...  for early spring and fast melting on the ball fields, 
One of my favorite things...The tea cozy I made on our trip to Arkansas
And a picture thought... the tea cozy! Kind of gives you a warm feeling, no?


Thanks to Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook for expanding my world with this simple and wonderful exercise in appreciating all the good little things in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment