Sunday, November 7, 2010
I am joining this with Gae from Cherished Hearts at Home because I was inspired by my blog-friend Allana at All is Amazing. I am now home full-time and I am experiencing the Parkinson's Law effect of housework. Not that I was efficiently plowing through all of my tasks when I was still employed, there were just things that I never did (cleaning out closets, volunteering at my sons' schools) or that I paid someone else to do for me (iron dh's shirts). Now I am determined to draw my focus back to home so that I can make our family life more peaceful. These are my areas to concentrate on this week:
1. Meal planning: my Waterloo of domestic life. I have avoided conquering this challenge once and for all for years. I want to work on this both in anticipation of the holidays and in order to save more on groceries.
2. Thank-you notes for all of the folks who reached out to us at Mom's passing. I really should have done these already.
3. Kitchen drawers and closet need attention.
4. It's time to put together a Christmas list. This year it will be especially necessary.
5. Scheduling my regular chores so I can make more time for fun with Rob and the kids!